I’ve got a knack for it.
Most recently, I was the Creative Director at Industrial, a premier Ottawa-based web agency. I designed and directed for clients like the NHL’s Ottawa Senators, the Canadian Paralympic Committee and Engineers Canada. My consultative approach to design results in high quality creative that meets the needs of even the most demanding clients.
Identity Design and Marketing Collateral (brand development, business cards, advertisements etc.)
Interface Design (web pages and graphics, responsive layouts, e-newsletters etc.)
It’s kind of my thing.
After completing a degree in animation at ECIAD, I started my career in 2-D post-production. I then had the opportunity to animate on several stop-motion television productions and later became the Assistant Director of Canada’s first feature length stop-motion film. I’m a natural team leader and I can balance the need for quality animation with the demands of fast paced production schedules.
Creative Team Leader (Assistant Director, Key Animator)
Production Management (Production Manager, Production Coordinator)
I love to draw.
In a world saturated with visuals, the only way to really stand out is with original artwork.
I create illustrations that combine hand drawn elements with digital rendering. This results in a versatile digital image with the look and feel of traditional artwork.
Commissioned Illustration (editorial, corporate, advertising etc.)
Licensed Illustration (surface design, stock illustrations etc.)
I am an animation professional, graphic designer and fine artist with over 15 years of creative industry experience.
I received my B.M.A from the Emily Carr University of Art and Design in Vancouver, British Columbia and began my career in television animation in 2001. I animated on the Gemini award-winning children’s television shows, Poko and Lunar Jim, and was the Assistant Director of Canada’s first stop-motion feature film, Edison and Leo in 2007. In between animation contracts, I began pursuing my passion for graphic design and in 2010, became the Creative Director for the digital media agency, Industrial. in Ottawa. In 2014 I moved to the lovely Okanagan region of BC and I’m currently a graphic design with Sproing Creative – a full service marketing, design and web agency located in Vernon BC.
Get In Touch
The fastest way to get a hold of me is good old-fashioned email.
So drop me a line, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Connect With Me
Some Fan Mail
- Amanda is outstanding. She came onto an extremely troubled and disorderly feature film production and within a week she was on top of every aspect and kicking things into shape.
Neil Burns / Feature Film Director /
- It's perfect! I love it! Thank you, thank you for all of the time and energy you put into this presentation and the resume infographic. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
Rosalind Paciga / Canadian Bar Association /
- When we began developing the branding for Campy candles, our vision was very simple and graphical. Then Amanda starting sketching and the result took the brand to a whole new level of awesomeness.
Emily Arbour / Hello Yellow /
- Not only does Amanda produce beautiful high quality designs, but she also has a knack at knowing exactly what the client wants/needs, even when they don't necessarily know it themselves.
Samantha Murray / Industrial /
- The best 1st AD I have ever worked with.
C.A. Pounds / Zoic Studios /
- OMG! Awesomeness!!! Please give Amanda my (our) thanks. She did an awesome job. I really like the bold colours and she did an amazing job at incorporating all the suggestions. I'm thrilled! :)
Cast & Crew / Remote Planet Comedy Show /